Property law handled with a minimum of fuss, but with:
- maximum attention to detail;
- consistent and convenient access to a solicitor's advice as and when you need it; and
- an understand of the commercial environment and tax implications specific to property.
See below for a comprehensive list of our property law services:
Commercial property services
Commercial conveyancing (sale and purchase)
We handle a full range of commercial conveyancing matters, whether the property is:
From the preparation of effective documents that take into account all of the variables to have an experienced solicitor on hand at all times to answer your questions and ensure a smooth settlement, we are here to help.
We are experts in property due diligence and can ensure that there are no hidden problems in your proposed purchase.
Business conveyancing (sale and purchase)
Selling or buying a business is a stressful time and it is important to have timely and responsive legal advice throughout the process.
We frequently handle the purchase and sale of small to medium-sized businesses in a wide variety of industries and structures including companies, partnerships, and trusts. We handle everything from the sale of financial planning and accounting businesses, to vet and pharmacy groups and trucking companies.
Our experience includes a deep understanding of the processes involved to ensure that matters settle promptly and that you can be properly advised in relation to any issues that arise:
- pre-sale planning
- business structuring for asset protection and tax minimisation
- purchaser enquiries and due diligence
- preparing and negotiating business sale agreements and share sale agreements
- put and call options and joint venture agreements
- lease reviews and assignments
- acting for franchisors and franchisees in the sale or purchase of a franchised business
We adopt a commercially focused and practical approach to ensure that we are expediting the sale process, rather than putting roadblocks in its path.
Put and call option agreements
We are experts at drafting put and call option agreements for property developers and builders to ensure that:
- stamp duty is deferred on long term sale contracts until such time as the property has settled, thus reducing the cashflow burden at the approval and infrastructure stage;
- you are able to nominate a purchaser (whether your own development entity or a third party buyer) without incurring a liability for double duty.
We assist property developers in respect of a range of matters that particularly impact on their industry, including:
- drafting option agreements for property developers to ensure that stamp duty is not payable on long term sale contracts until such time as the property has settled, thus reducing the cashflow burden at the approval and infrastructure stage;
- partitioning agreements;
- preparation of specific contracts in relation to boundary realignments and subdivision for part-purchases of property;
- joint venture agreements between property owners and developers, or developers and their equity partners.
- tax effective property development strategies that reduce or eliminate the capital gains tax impacts on property owners and eliminate stamp duty costs for developers.
Whether small or large, first home buyer or ambitious developer, we are able to take care of your Queensland conveyancing needs. We handle each stage of the process with professional, personal & prompt service, taking the stress out of your transaction.
We offer the following residential conveyancing services for off-the-plan, vacant land, units or house and land sales:
- Buyers - check contract of sale any associated disclosures, conduct title searches and other property enquiries, Office of State Revenue concession/exemption forms and declaration, settlement notices and transfers and handle transaction to settlement and beyond.
- Sellers - prepare or review contract of sale, discharge of mortgage, monitor satisfaction of conditions and handle transaction to settlement.
- Transfers of property between your spouse or de facto (by breakdown of the relationship).
- Transfer of property as a gift.
Off-the-plan land and unit sales
As experienced property lawyers we know that attention to detail is critical and can assist you in preparing your standard off-the-plan to take your project to market:
- Dealing with the myriad of applicable legislation, including the Land Sales Act 1984, Body Corporate and Community Act 1997, Property Occupations Act 2014, Property Law Act 1974, to name just a few;
- Land sale contracts plus new build contracts;
- Preparing the required disclosures under those Acts to ensure that your land sales contracts really are binding;
- Assisting you with your project and plan disclosures to ensure that you strike the right balance to avoid misrepresentations, but ensure that you retain maximum flexibility in the delivery of the final project.